Shock and chlorine are different – shock has a more intense chemical composition than regular liquid chlorine sanitisers.

Liquid chlorine is used to sanitise pool water, while shock is a treatment that rapidly raises the chlorine level in your pool water to destroy bacteria and other contaminants.

Chlorine and shock also differ in application. Typically you add liquid chlorine regularly to maintain a consistent chlorine level in your pool water. On the other hand, you would use shock treatments in higher doses than regular chlorine to address specific problems, such as cloudy water or the buildup of contaminants.