You should not add certain pool cleaning chemicals simultaneously because they can react and cause dangerous chemical reactions.
Here are some examples:
- Liquid Chlorine and acid (such as muriatic acid or sulfuric acid)
- Shock treatments and acid
- Liquid Chlorine and algaecides
- Liquid Chlorine and shock treatments
- Liquid Chlorine and calcium hypochlorite (Granular Chlorine)
Waiting at least several hours between adding chemicals is vital to allow the chemicals to circulate fully and dissolve in the water.
- Dissolve chemicals separately in a clean bucket of water & pour into the pool
- Never add water to chemicals always add chemicals to water
- Never add chemicals directly to the skimmer box
- Always wait minimum 1 hour after adding chlorine before adding pH decreaser/acid
- Do not pour Granular Chlorine or Super Shock directly into the pool, wait at least 30 mins after mixing to add into pool
- Always remove your pool cleaner prior to dosing any pool chemicals
- Do not add Chlorinating products to pools with a high copper content. If high copper levels are suspected, test and do not add until levels are below 0.2ppm