A regular pool maintenance schedule is necessary to keep your pool in top condition. Here’s a suggested schedule:
- Daily: Check your pool’s water level and skim any leaves or debris from the water’s surface.
- Weekly: Use Hy-Clor’s AquaChek Test Strips to test your water’s pH, alkalinity, and chlorine levels and adjust the chemicals as necessary. Also, brush your pool’s walls and clean the pool to remove dirt and excess leaves from the pool floor.
- Every 2-3 weeks: Shock your pool to kill bacteria or algae growing in the water.
- Monthly: Clean your pool filter by backwashing or removing and cleaning the filter cartridges or grids, depending on your filter type.
- Every 3-4 months: Check the pool’s total alkalinity, calcium hardness, and cyanuric acid levels, Salt Levels, and adjust as needed.
- Yearly: Have a professional inspect your pool’s equipment, including the pump, filter, heater, and any other components, to ensure everything is working properly.